Applications are currently closed for this position.
Please email email@example.com with any questions, or find details below.
Lead Pastor, Yass Community Baptist Church
About Yass Community Baptist Church
Yass Community Baptist Church is located in the growing community of Yass in the Canberra region. YCBC is a growing church with a vision to impact our local
community with the love of Jesus. The church is currently staffed by our Lead Pastor, Community Engagement Officer and Church Operations Manager, and volunteer leaders.
About the Role
Our current Lead Pastor has recently commenced a position with the Baptist
Association of NSW & ACT and so we are looking for a new Pastor to lead us. The role will include:
• Ongoing Vision and Strategy, and Pastoral Leadership.
• Oversight of Sunday Worship Gatherings, and the teaching and preaching ministry.
• The leadership, oversight and equipping of the YCBC Staff Team and Key Ministry Leaders.
• Prayer and pastoral counselling.
• Administration and communication
• Local mission and evangelism.
You are the right fit for this role if you have a genuine and personal relationship with Jesus, are committed to the local church, ministry and mission, and you are, or are willing to be, an Accredited Minister with the Baptist Association of NSW & ACT.
If you would describe yourself as:
• A clear communicator
• A team player
And you are passionate about:
• pastoral care,
• vision and strategy,
• Ministry to all ages
Please see the full position description for more details.
You can email your expression of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th September 2022.
Please also feel free to email email@example.com or visit www.YCBC.church for more information.
Lead Pastor Position Description
Experience and Qualifications
Accredited Minister (or eligible and willing to be accredited) with the Baptist Association of NSW and ACT
Genuine personal relationship with Jesus.
Experience in Pastoral Ministry
Accountability and Support
This role forms part of the YCBC Staff Team. The YCBC Staff Team are ultimately accountable to the membership of YCBC. The Senior Pastor will be directly accountable to the Eldership of YCBC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Pastor is responsible for following key areas:
– Development of ongoing Vision and Strategy for YCBC in collaboration with the congregation and other leaders.
– Pastoral Leadership of and equipping of YCBC congregation for ministry and mission.
– Leadership and oversight of Sunday Worship Gatherings.
– The teaching and preaching ministry of YCBC including Sunday services.
– Team leadership, oversight and equipping of the YCBC Staff Team and Key Ministry Leaders.
– Prayer for the YCBC congregation and the community.
– Pastoral counselling and prayer for YCBC congregation members.
– Administration and communication that is specific to the role of Senior Pastor.
– Participate in, lead and equip YCBC in local mission and evangelism.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
– Maintain personal habits that strengthen personal faith and spiritual development.
– Conduct Weddings, Funerals and other services as appropriate.
Alongside the above duties:
– Meeting regularly with Eldership and Diaconate of YCBC.
– Maintaining a mentoring relationship with an appropriate person external to YCBC.
– Participate as appropriate in the combined churches of Yass meetings and ministry.
Remuneration and Leave
The rate of remuneration is set in accordance with the recommended stipends for Accredited Ministers as published annually by the Baptist Association of NSW and ACT. This is to be reviewed and updated annually.
5 weeks annual leave.